When you’re ready to buy or sell a house, make sure you choose the real estate agent that’s best for you. Here’s what to look for:
- Is the agent licensed and in good standing?
Check Ohio licenses.
- Does the agent have access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)?
The MLS provides the most accurate and up-to-date list of houses for sale.
- Is real estate their full-time career?
Part-time agents may not be able to accommodate your schedule.
- Who does the agent represent?
If the agent represents the buyer and the seller, while legal in Ohio, they may have a conflict of interest. Make sure your agent is looking out for your best interests.
- Does the agent have references?
Good agents should be able to provide you references to past happy clients.
A good real estate agent can make buying and selling your home a much smoother process.